This is the second in the Manundrum series, which basically are conundrums for the male species. My last one was on choosing jams or jellies. This one concerns...Shampoo. I stopped in to the local Walgreens to grab some deodorant and shampoo and was once again paralyzed in an aisle.
First, I'm a guy and therefore I don't buy conditioner separate. I appreciate the helpful properties of conditioner, but I don't like how it works. When I use stand alone conditioner it feels like it's not out of my hair after 10 rinses, so my showers take longer. This means either I want just shampoo or a 2 in 1 product. Sadly, that market was started by these guys, and I'm tired of this shampoo. The smell makes me sick given my years of Pert use. And don't I deserve a shampoo that smells of guava and elderberries?
Second, how many damn problems do people have with their hair. I'm looking at these bottles and I see:
- Dry hair: I don't get this. Isn't this why you shower? Take more showers.
- Oily hair: It should say for Hippies and Persons Driving their Camaros to the Jersey Shore.
- Damaged Hair: This confuses me? Was your hair in a tragic industrial accident? Did you fall asleep in the sun for 3 days while vacationing in the Mojave?
- Anti-Frizz: I get this. Not for me, but if you have any Jewish friends, you might need to tame the Jewfro at some point.
- Volumizer: How does this work? Is this like steroids for your hair? And what happens when your stylist rats on you in front of Congress?
I settled on some Herbal Essences thing that magically combines shampoo and conditioner and doesn't smell like industrial cleaner. So I'm a happy man. This is proof once again that being a girl is much tougher.