Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks

So this Thanksgiving, I am giving thanks for two things.
  1. The internet Gods have seen fit to grace this very small town in upstate New York with high-speed internet. And my parents for having the strength and forethought to install it so that I might come up here more often.
  2. My friends and family. Edna Buchanan said "Friends are the family you choose." I have chosen very well if I do say so myself. If you can judge yourself by the company you keep, then this day I am truly thankful.
Hope everyone has a turkey coma.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the Macys day parade in New York today. I bet days like these you miss working for the public safety group.

friend of the F-O-M said...

Amen

Anonymous said...

Right back at you! We enjoyed your stand up comedy routine!

waks said...

xoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxox
xo

Hero to the Masses said...

I thank you all. And I worked the parade twice. I don't miss that parade. A lot of geo-spatially challenged privleged people with their children in tow.

maikib said...

i liked the perks of knowing a cop on parade day-- esp. the blowing up of the gigunda balloons at the natural history museum the night before.