Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm like Eddie the Eagle of really slow jogging

So today, in an effort to purge the toxins from my skin, I resumed my jogging. And all was going well, I'd passed a mile and was running up Mass Ave right near Porter Square, when something went wrong.

I felt myself in the air, and a man of my girth took a surprisingly long time to hit the ground. I scraped my knee and cut up my hand. I did manage to land in a puddle right in front of this woman who stopped and was staring at me. I guess I know what people thought when they saw this thing finally come back to earth.

But, I kept on running like a Navy Seal. I'm going to get Nike or New Balance to do a commercial on me. My roommate thought I should have looked for some kind lasses to help me tend to my wounds.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm sorry you fell! But you compared yourself to the Spruce Goose??

boyski said...

You did not just compare yourself to the spruce goose....good lord! You're slightly more agile than that!

Anonymous said...

Do you really think high performance Keds will help? You should really wear a safety helmet...

Hero to the Masses said...

I'm actually thinking of outriggers. And a flashing light on my head.

Tory Davis said...

And safety goggles. Gotta keep your peepers.