Friday, April 27, 2007

Looking Inward

People often ask me what I do for a living. Why did I choose the public sector? What do we civil servants do, and why do my tax dollars fund this? These are all really good questions, and I have been thinking about how to respond.

My friend Andrew sent along this video, from a government union, that I think succinctly answers all these questions. It's old, possibly the 70's, but I think the words hold true to this day. My apologies for all the Youtube-ness recently, but I thought this was important.

Happy Friday everyone.

4 comments:

Tory Davis said...

Did I just witness your essence, distilled, viewed through the lens of an industrial video from the 70's?
How very Cracker.

maleski said...

I don't know campbellz, can you handle the responsibility of being a public servant? You better read this and think it over....

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?r101:15:./temp/~r10137ev2H:e1131:

seriously. take a look at it.

tom said...

unions baby. unions. god bless 'em. or get your knees cracked.

Ross C said...

Bada Bing, Baby! Especialy loved the crossing guard, "so your kids don't get hit by some hard on" Nice