I did find out a way to get rich though.
I do Big Brothers, and took my little Carlton apple picking on Sunday afternoon. I get less and less sure about having kids the more I do stuff with him. Not because of him, but because of the crowds. There were thousands of families at this orchard. And that's where the money comes in.
- Buy land that can grow apples, hopefully it has ramshackle barn, and pond for fake geese.
- Grow a crapload of apples. Seriously.
- Allow rubes with kids to come and pick said apples for $13 a bag. And I'm talking a small bag.
- Then bend over said parents with $4 hay rides. Pack 30 people onto a wagon being pulled by 15-year old making $8 an hour.
- Don't forget ice cream and candied apples
And then a former cop who I worked with called me. He too left the job and is in Florida looking for work. Something about NYPD guys going down to FL never seems to work out. But I was able to help him. I felt like the wise elder giving him career advice on jobs that don't require a test. It's a whole new world, Sunshine. Still, I'm happy I got to help out a friend and a former cop. That made me feel good. Especially on a day that was a little trying.