Friday, September 28, 2007

God I'm slow.

My apologies for the slow pace of blogging. I'm currently using my old desktop as my laptop's power cord is fried, and it's not always easy to do this. (Read: I can't write from my bed.)

So I'm going to a benefit tomorrow night for a great charity, black tie optional. So of course I'm wearing a tux. But I didn't have a tux shirt. My friend Anne looked all over for one to no avail. Well, the Natick Mall recently became the Natick Collection. Not sure what the hell that means, except it's surely more expensive. They have a Nordstrom's so I went there. In and out in 5 minutes, so it was only in my car that I realized I had spent $321.00 on a shirt, a bowtie and some braces. Holy crap. It all happened so fast and she was very helpful and I didn't want to be the guy at the register who's like "Is that in Canadian?" (I know, that given the weakness of the dollar, this joke is losing it's relevance. Damn you Bernake.)

Then I went to the $14 haircut place down Route 9. It was the kind of place where all the clients are men under 25 who all have the state trooper haircut. The lady cutting my hair was also at least 7 months pregnant, meaning she could only get so close to me. Her belly was pressing into my shoulder most of the time.

Needless to say, I didn't see anyone getting their haircut who had also been at Nordstrom's. Gotta love Natick.

Tomorrow morning is the 5 K. And it looks like some people are going to punk out, but I'm in this thing. It's the only competitive sports event I do all year. I hate competition. I'll be done by the time some of you wake up. Ross, you can have my TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great line from a real life American Hero........"from this day forward anytime I was going some place....I WAS RUNNING"
F. Gump