Friday, November 30, 2007

Spike Lee would have wept


Last night I took in a professional basketball contest between the Boston Celtics and the New York Knickerbockers. I have gained some allegiances since moving up here from New York, and while I like the Celts the Knicks are still my team. Which really is too bad.

I remember the Knicks from high school, and names like Ewing, Starks, Anthony Mason, Smith and many more. Hell I even remember the white guy. There were no names asides from Marbury and Curry that I recognized last night. Which is fine, because I was too busy yelling "What the hell is the matter with you guys?" and "Are you serious?" In case you didn't hear, the score of that game it was bad. I promised my friend we could leave when the Knicks scored 50 points.

I left with three minutes left to go in the 4th quarter.

There are only 4 quarters in the NBA.

I spent most of the game booing Isiah Thomas, the worthless racist, sexist coach of the Knicks. I wanted to boo the owner, James Dolan, who has to pay some woman 11 million bucks because of Thomas, and he still keeps him on. People talk all the time about government employee job security. But tell me another job where you can make millions, cause your employer to lose 11 million, and be 5-10 on the season.

Fire Isiah. Now more than ever.

No comments: