The Trip Down
The trip down was long but uneventful. We were on American, which has this nifty thing called the Gold Challenge that I participated in. If you want status and you know you're going to fly on American a bunch in the next three months, it basically allows you to gain status with 5,000 miles instead of 25K. So I got status on my flight down, which is cool. The leg from Miami to Sao Paolo was on one of their new 777s, which was nice. It looks like this:
We rented a car to get back and forth to work in. It a manual and I guess that as I was the trip leader, I drove it. Lemme tell you something, driving in Asuncion in a stick shift is an experience.
Highlights of the trip included:
- Getting the Hooters Asuncion T-shirt.
- Working for 22 hours one day delivering food. Food in sacks that weighed about 100 pounds. Oh yeah ladies.....The beach is that way.
- Going out at midnight, because it's the early bird special if you go out any earlier.
- Hearing Dancing Queen blaring on the stereo with 4 guys in the car driving back to the hotel on that long, long day.
- Speaking enough Spanish to be dangerous.
- Enjoying a sunset so pretty it could make you cry.
- Spending quality time with amazing people and feeling like you make a difference in this world.
It wasn't all hard work. Here I am with three of my colleagues...Susie, Haidee, and Mimi. Building Bridges.....