Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday thoughts

So I finished The Kite Runner last night. I loved it. Many books make me chuckle, some make me laugh, but very few can make me shed a tear. This was one of them. I think that books that touch you like that are far more powerful than movies, because they have to work so much harder at it. So please read this book....it's very good.

I'm leaving tonight for a trip to Keene, NY. A small town about 30 minutes from Lake Placid, home to the 1980 Winter Games and the Miracle on Ice. And for those of you who think that last thing is like the Ice Capades, I instruct you to go outside and wait for a bus and then walk right in front of it. Needless to say, I will probably be out of internet contact for the weekend. This is giving me some heebie jeebies, but the country usually does this to a city kid.

And yes I know about this terror plot, and no I'm not in high level discussion with senior government officials. But I was at a hospital drill this morning in Worcester, MA. I was thinking that while I'm not really in the front seat on some of this stuff, I do play a role. If a plane did crash, and patients were taken to that hospital, then maybe some of the suggestions I had at the drill will save some lives. So that is what I think about when I sometimes think my job doesn't matter all that much.

Talk to you soon. I'm afraid my lungs will choke on the fresh air.

No comments: