Monday, September 10, 2007

My powers are all encompassing

So work is going fine. The weekend was pretty much a blur, were it not for the fact that my friend Amy came up from New York City and I got to hang with her. We went to a party that made me feel old. Let's just say I brought wine and the first guy I run into is wearing a T-shirt that says "I got Bourbon faced on Shit Street." Needless to say, my wine was not as popular as the suitcase of beer. But the girl who had the party is terrific, and there was some rockin' pasta salad. So all good.

And tomorrow I get to drive to the other end of the state before the sun comes up. .40 cents a mile baby. That's how daddy makes a living wage.

An update to The Guy Before the Guy. So we all know that I am 6 for 6, but I have elevated to a new level. Two of those six have gotten engaged. One of the girls just got engaged. And the other one has apparently had a ring for a month or two by my roommate didn't know how to bring it up.

Jeff: Hey, so i bought some laundry detergent and noticed you have a headlight out. And there was something else...
Me: Either I forgot to put the dishes in the sink into the dishwasher, or C got engaged.
Jeff: Both.

Yeah, that probably would have been weird. But ladies, now more than ever I think it's proof positive that my superpower is legit. I could look at this in a glass half full "I'm going to be 50 and eating ramen in a studio apartment" kind of way. OR I could look at this as another way for me to give back to the community. And I'm nothing if not a giver.

No comments: