Thursday, July 20, 2006

Beryl screwed me...


So, Tropical Storm Beryl has screwed me. Like some girls, she came on strong. Strong enough that my agency thought there was interest...so we made a play and stationed people here tonight, me being one of them. Then she cooled off and pretended like there was nothing there, and I'm left pulling my pud.

Sigh. Funny how similarities crop up in every day life.

So yes, I'm underground at the Massachusetts Emergency Operations Center again....I wrote a post about this in June I think when I slept here last. I'm here with Peter again, and this other guy. This is a guy who wore slacks, a button down and white tennis shoes to work today. He also has a car with a vanity plate of his last name. Are you getting a mental picture here....and he's younger than me. So I'm here with Toolio and this could be a long night.

So as you read this and look at your comfy bed, think of me sleeping under a photo of JFK with a grey wool blanket stamped "Massachusetts Civil Defense" on it. You really can't make this stuff up.

1 comment:

maikib said...

Hmmm... so many things to respond to... Toolio.. heehee. You know you LOVE being there-- don't lie. Might want to rethink the title, though... given your godmother, and all...