Christmas #1: Mom and Stepfather
This is the house that I most identify Christmas with, having grown up there. Generally the home is full of Christmas music and Christmas cookies and egg nog. We did Secret Santa to cut down on costs, but everyone gets a stocking stuffer. I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out, but it turns out that stocking stuffers are often a lot cooler than actual presents. I got running headphones. My stocking stuffers included Gummy Bacon, a NYC survival guide, and assorted other useful things. We ended up giving out lots of gifts from ThinkGeek, like stuffed animals shaped like microbes and I gave my Step-Dad an F bomb. I thought it was a pretty cool gift. Tons of food and wine and laughs. Oh, and the pullout couch they recently got is muuuuch better than the last one.
Christmas #2: Dad and Stepmother
Given the fact that Allyson and I were leaving very early on Saturday morning, we did our Christmas with Mom on Christmas Eve and Christmas with Dad on the 23rd. Generally Christmas here consists of a poultry dish, wine and then gifts. The gifts are special, and not the good kind of special. Last year I got an IPad charger. I do not own an IPad. If I got this gift at the other house, I would believe that clearly an IPad would be the next gift. Not so much in this house. Having heard that my brother had gotten Spanx for Men, I was eagerly awaiting the spoils from this Christmas. Here is what I got this Christmas:
- An assortment of Olive Oils: Not sure about why I got this. Allyson was pretty happy about it. I can barely make cereal, so these clearly won't be used by me.
- Clinique Eye Care For Men: I got some sort of anti-wrinkle cream. Not sure again what the message was there.
- A gift certificate for a local restaurant: I was pretty stoked about this actually. Looking forward to using it.
- A charger for multiple devices: So this is pretty cool. I can charge two cell phones and a Kindle. However, it does say Ameriprise Financial on the front of it. So I'm guessing this was free.
Christmas #3: Allyson's Parents
Was airborne super early in the morning on Christmas Morning to the Sunshine State on a direct dawn flight from JFK to FLL. It was 80 degrees in Florida which was quite a shock, but I somehow managed to deal with it. :) We ate well, at our favorite restaurants, Publix, LaSpada's, Larry's Ice Cream. And they were kind enough to get me presents also. I got:
- A Belt: I insist my belt is fine, but Allyson says it's looking a little shabby.
- A Dunkin Donuts gift card: God bless these people who understand my need for coffee
- A T-shirt: Its long-sleeved and I think makes me look a little hip.
All in all, it was a great Christmas. I am happy for the gifts I got, though I really don't need anything else. I've got health, love, friends and family. And apparently some anti-wrinkle cream. So that's pretty nice.