Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sorry for the non-posting

Between the long weekend and the new job, I've been wicked busy. (Hope all of you non-Bostonians enjoyed that reference.)

I took Chuck and Sara down to see Nueva York this weekend. Of course, I saw some folks and missed a lot more. That always happens. You can check out their blog for some decent photos. I didn't bring the camera, so I depend on them. It was good, and we got to see some real New York places. Like:
  • McSorley's Ale House: Oldest bar in the city. They only serve two types of beer, light and dark. One beer comes in two half-pint mugs. Sawdust on the floors goodness
  • H&H Bagels: This and Ess-a-Bagel tie for best in NYC, but were weren't near EAB. Good, warm bagels. Crunchy on the outside and warm and chewy on the inside. Makes me think twice about wearing sweatpants
  • Forbidden Planet: Where geeks go to heaven when they get killed by a mage with a +12 Attack bonus. A comic book store beyond compare, shames Newbury Comics which is really more of a music store.
  • Eisenberg's Sandwich Shop: Thanks to my Mom, I know where to go for a lime rickey and the best tuna melt in the city. God bless that place.
We didn't hit some of my other favorites, which we can get into another time. It was a good trip. It's always tough to come back on a Tuesday. I felt like I was starting at a sprint, which was true considering my workplace situation anyway.

No comments: