Saturday, October 28, 2006

I have returned...

I was gone this past week to our the mecca of Emergency Management training sites, EMI. The class I took was so-so, but the people I met were top notch. I made some friends from California and Minnesota and we laughed so hard we cried. It was good times.

I got back, before this nasty storm hits tomorrow. My good friend from high school, Chris and his lovely girlfriend Lilly were in town for a wedding. So I went out to see them tonight. It's odd. I find myself to sometimes be a hermit with my friends. I love my friends and treasure their friendship above all else. But I'll find myself ducking calls or hoping rings go into voicemail. Maybe some sort of social anxiety thing? I'm not sure. Perhaps that can be added to the list of things to discuss with the shrink.

But it was great to see them, but it's really good to be home. Something about sitting on your own couch and watching your TV that's comforting. So thanks for being patient this past week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I don't think its social anxiety, sometimes we all just want to sit on our sofa and don't feel like being 'on'.

Just don't go investing in cats or anything.

Anonymous said...

Oh I avoid my phone all the time. When I feel overwhelmed by life, the idea of having one more person want one more thing from me is just too much.

I have a lot of friends whose messages begin, "Are you there? Pick up, it's me... ok fine, just stand there and listen." sigh.

It's nice of them to put up with me. ~Tory