Monday, April 16, 2007

What a day...

So I was going to write about how crazy today was with the marathon and the rain event. And how I was on TV a lot, because everytime I was on the phone, it seemed like there was a news camera in my face. And then I was going to talk about the fact that some drunk guy got hit in the face with a pizza at Fenway today.



But the word came that the tragedy at Virginia Tech had turned into an unimaginable terror. 33 people dead so far. No one knows exactly for sure what happened, and I'm sure this will be examined and dissected for years to come. But for now, let us mourn. For the people who died, their familes and friends, and the emergency workers who tried to save them. Let's not armchair quarterback this, as it detracts from the fact that we lost a lot of bright young treasures today, and this is a sad day for all of us.

Martin Luther King Jr said in his last sermon, "I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough, can you see the stars."

There must be thousands of stars visible tonight from the small town of Blacksburg, Virginia.

No comments: