Sunday, January 18, 2009

We are getting dumber

So I was flipping through the channels tonight, and stopped at the local Fox affiliate. They had a show on called Hole in the Wall. Basic Premise: You stand in front of a small swimming pool of water. A styrofoam wall comes at you, designed to push you into said pool. But there is a sillouette cut into the styrofoam meaning if you match it's shape, you don't go in the drink. I'm assuming if you stay dry you win some cash, but I didn't stay on the channel that long.

I was waiting to see if there was a catch. But no. I hate this show. We are going further and further towards reality shows and "wild" game shows. I don't mind the game shows. As a matter of fact, I think Japan has some awesome ones. But they are generally too risque for us across the Pacific. We prefer to show the world how dumb we are.

Yech....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best example. . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llHjvQMdPAg

-RMC