Thursday, February 01, 2007

Everyone Panic. Now Stop. Now Summon Righteous Indignation


So I'm a little late on this, my apologies. Many friends have asked whether I got involved as the dutiful civil servant I am. Asides from monitoring it, the answer is no. I would have gotten involved had these turned out to be more than Lite Brites.

This wasn't a hoax. I hate when the media called it that. They weren't supposed to look like bombs. Bomb hoax sounds better than Bomb mistake. Or poor judgement. I personally think the biggest thing that these kids did wrong was place them under bridges and overpasses. That wasn't too bright.

The guys they arrested called themselves "artists." Maybe so, but not for this. I could have paid a homeless guy two sandwiches and a bottle of Night Train to put up magnets on metal all across the city. That's not art, guys. These guys had the easy out. When asked, they could have said this...

I'm so sorry that this has happened. I am just trying to earn a few extra dollars to help my blind grandmother. I had no idea this would turn out this way. I was just doing a small job.

The city would have embraced these odd looking dudes and turned on Turner as the big corporate monster. Charges dropped and fade into obscurity. However, these guys chose to go this route.



Whatever....it sure knocks out the sympathy vote.

To credit Fark, my favorite line about this whole thing:

The only thing that separates an IED from an led is a lower case "l"

1 comment:

Nic said...

I'm sorry, I found this SERIOUSLY amusing. Definitely gave me a good laugh - but that might just be the island fever...

p.s. i want snow.