Thursday, May 04, 2006

Apologies...

A good friend wrote me to complain that I hadn't blogged in a while. This is true. I've been busy I suppose, but that's a lame excuse.

I had the opportunity on Monday night to spend the evening at the Holiday Inn in Tinton Falls, NJ. A lovely place. They had a "sports" bar named Morgan's there. This place was a sports bar I suppose because they had 8 very small TVs all tuned to the Red Sox game. Which is good. But we couldn't get sound because "that's only for the World Series." I hatched a theory about this place.

Morgan's was the shit back in the 80's. The TVs all worked and were brand new, and the waitresses were hot and the decor was slamming. And the owner decided after a year of windfall profits not to change a thing. And so this place sat for the next 20 years as the TVs shorted out, the waitresses sagged a little, and Golden Tee '99 became a quaint relic.

If you ever find yourself in Tinton Falls, NJ (near Eatontown) stop by good old Morgan's. And experience a blast from the past. Not really in a good way.

3 comments:

maikib said...

Not only do I not know where Tinton Falls is, but have no clue where "Eatontown" is. Either my East Coast geography is truly failing, or you were really in BFE. Guess I'd better pull up Google Maps...

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Hero to the Masses said...

Why thank you. I'm impressed you've gone back and read my stuff.